Just a heads up, this guide was meant for new players who just started playing and it’s solely based on my experience with the game so far. These are the things I wished I was aware of when I first started but that’s just me, you don’t have to follow through with it if you don’t want to and you are free to contact me to discuss certain parts.
1. Try all of the weapons out and see which one you prefer, also check out videos of rune for different weapon type since they change quite a bit so don’t rush your decisions. Don’t make your decision based on what other people say because you may not enjoy it and while you can change weapons anytime, it’s somewhat costly.
2. Don’t rush, take your time and forage all of the maps whenever you have time as the minerals needed late game is pretty insane and a lot more tickets are needed for behemoth hunting
3. Try to do all the side quest as they reward gold/silver/friendliness which are all scare resources in game. These are the characters with green exclamation marks on their head.
4. There is a max of 30 gifts a day and 10 gifts each for the NPC friendliness so it is a must do. There are various ways to do it but one of the more common advice would be to start with the rune instructor of your weapon choice.(The rune instructor are shown in your skills panel so check there if you are unsure)
In the tavern, there is a bard where you can talk to him and pay 1000 silver for rumor of certain NPCs. These items mentioned in the rumor would be gift-able to that NPC and increased the friendliness they receive from that item.
5. The fastest way to level up is your dailies as they give you a lot of experience for each completed. It is highly recommended to pick the one that match the materials you need so you can kill two birds with one stone and they also give out gold and vigor.
6. Make sure you take advantage of legion shop especially the clover and storage expansion voucher. Also, you legion may hold banquet once in a while and it’s an awesome buff to have.
7. Try to do all your weekly quest as hunting metal can be exchanged for vigor potion, hunting voucher pack and gold bags with Douglas.
8. It is recommended to go with an elemental weapon as they do higher damage against behemoth, but a minimum of two elemental weapons is preferred as some behemoths are resistant to certain elements making the experience harder. This information can be checked in the book icon on the upper right corner.
9. Companion wise, the three that the main plot give you are pretty good and you can just use them, or you could opt to befriend other NPCS and use them instead. I personally recommend Diana and Edgard as those two gain quite a bit of friendliness through the main plot but it’s your choice.
10. Don’t give your soothing incense away! They are important as they drop your corruption, and if your corruption is over 90 you would be unable to do anything. The same applies to candles, they are very useful for hunts so don’t give them away.
11. In the bag icon, you would see a banner beside your character, that’s the factions and I personally recommend going for anything but Heaven’s Sanctum as that’s the only one without behemoth soul stones.
12. Wild soul wise, you can pick any of them that fits your playing style. They drop randomly for every hunt and if there’s a particular one you want, you can try the wild hunt for that type but it is not recommended until you are almost endgame as all wild hunts are 6 tickets regardless of level.
13. Check hot events for the current events and you would be able to get more information about that event and decided whether you want to participate based on the rewards offered.
14. Profession wise, all the skills use a lot of silver so i would recommend to prioritize. Also, all three require friendliness with certain NPC to reach 250 and do a quest before opening up the last bit, especially cooking, which has three for dishes, staple and desserts respectively.
15. Vigor is a important resource as you need it to level up all professions. Work is a huge waste and should be only used if your vigor is overflowing and you don’t have time or any other means of using it. ALWAYS save some vigor for art of hunting as that’s the hardest profession to level up, and it increase the chance of you getting extra material on behemoth hunts.
16. Exploration is a mix of fishing and treasure hunting. Fishing includes fish, dragon ember, bottle, boots. Fish is either the ones you use for cooking or ornamental fish and some skill runes require some ornamental fish to level up so it’s a good idea to keep them around or you can give them to NPC for friendliness.
Dragon embers are used for horse taming and you have to go to Leia to craft them into ambergris. The sizes just means vigor consumption and higher rates of better horse but no guarantees. Bottles are used to get treasure maps which you can do treasure hunting while boots are tradable for mineral at king’s port beach. Treasure hunting wise, it’s a good way to get minerals, specialization pages, rings and such. If you are lucky, you could make a lot of gold off one treasure hunt.
17. Cooking is the last profession and it’s important because the food you make can either be sold at market, given to NPC as gifts or eaten to gain a buff which can make a big difference. You just need to unlock one of the side quest and reach 40 for foodie to unlock the orange dishes but i would recommend unlocking all three of them as different NPCs have different preferences.
That was all I could think of at the moment. Thank you for reading this, and if you have any questions, feel free to contact me on discord AlexLucSatan#2807 or in game NA#108039. Happy hunting and may your hunts be plentiful!